Managing multiple stores, locations, or brands with child accounts and finding it difficult to track down where your orders ended up?
We've added the ability to search all of your accounts for a specific order number to make customer service even easier.
To find an order:
- Login to your parent account
- Click Quick Printin the left navigation bar
- Select the Search for an ordertoggle
- Tick Include orders from child accounts
- Enter the order number and select search
You will be presented with a summary table of all the orders that match that order number including helpful information such as the orders current status, what account the order is on and what carrier it is assigned to.
For more information, see our support centre or reach out to our friendly support team at email@example.com
Note: This feature is only available on UI 2.0. Check out our guide for migrating here.
DEAR offers a type of sale with advanced features. Advanced sales are designed to handle sale orders where multiple invoices and/or fulfillments are to be considered part of the same sale.
Starshipit now allows you to configure your account so that each fulfilment from DEAR imports as one order in Starshipit.
Setting up Advanced Sales
- Go to Settings>Integrations>Dear> SelectVersion 2
- Tick Import Sale Fulfillments instead of Sales
- Click Save
For more information on the DEAR Inventory guide, check out our support guide.
Previously, Starshipit's integration with Shopify only received order details once, when the order was placed. This meant that orders that were cancelled or updated once the order was already in Starshipit could accidentally be sent out when they shouldnt be, or with the wrong address or items.
We've solved this problem with Shopify Enhanced. Shopify Enhanced will now check all of your orders each time we import to see if there have been any updates to the orders and apply them to your shipped orders.
- If orders have been cancelled in Shopify, we will remove them from Starshipit
- If orders have been edited since we last imported them, we will sync those changes to the order in Starshipit (update shipping addresses, check the item quantities etc)
For more information on Shopify Enhanced, including migrating from Shopify classic, check out our support guide.
Quick Print allows you to reduce printing errors and streamline your workflow when packing many orders. Although it's great for single accounts, when printing across many child accounts it can be time consuming and complicated to switch between accounts to print your orders.
That is why we've introduced the option to print orders no matter which of your accounts they are in, from your parent account.
- Log into your parent account
- Navigate to the Quick Print page
- Select Include orders from child accounts
- Enter or scan your order number
- If the order number is unique, the order will print out immediately. If there are multiple of the same order number, the results will display however you will need to navigate to that child account to print the order.
Note: This feature is only available on UI 2.0. For more information on quick print, see our support guide and video.
We're excited to announce that the Starshipit X Uber integration is live!
The Uber integration allows you to leverage the Uber platform to provide on demand delivery services to your customers. This integration supports live rates in app, generating a real-time tracking link and booking in a driver for pickup.
Setting up Uber as a carrier in Starshipit
- If you don't have an Uber Delivery account already, get in touch with our friendly support team who can introduce you to the Uber accounts team and help get the ball rolling
- If you already are using Uber Delivery then all you need is your Customer ID to get started.
For more information about the integration and setting up the integration, check out our support guide.
With Shopify Enhanced we've leveraged Shopify's new metafields so that you can import bin locations into Starshipit. This will allow you to pick and pack more effectively using our packing slips.
This feature is available for bin locations on both the product itself and the variant. To have these import you will need to:
- Create a new custom text metafield in Shopify. The name space and key will need to be bin_location
- Ensure your products have values set
- Go to Starshipit > Settings > Integrations > Shopify Advanced > Import Bin Location metafield and select whether you have configured the bin location on the product or the variant
- Click Save
- Import your orders, the bin location will now come through automatically
For any questions on how to configure this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We've enhanced our rules engine to support assigning packages on import. This means we can automate package selection based on any of our rule conditions (think Item SKU's, Destinations, Shopify tags).
To configure this new rule, first you will need to ensure you have all the packages you want to use configured:
- Go to Settings>Package Setup
- Click Add a new box
- Enter in the name and dimensions of the box
- Click Save
Once you have all your packages, you can create rules to assign them automatically when your orders are imported into Starshipit.
- Go to Settings>Rules
- Click Add a new rule
- Select the conditionthe rule should apply in
- Select Set Package Typeas the action and the package you would like to apply as the value
- Click Save
For more information on setting up packages, see our support guide.
We're excited to announce that Starshipit now integrates with PBT Courier service.
PBT is an express freight network that ships domestically in New Zealand. Starshipit currently supports the PBT Courier service.
PBT’s integration with Starshipit allows you to use many of Starshipit's features including generation of packing slips and shipping labels, auto-correction of addresses and many more.
Before getting started with PBT you will need:
- Your PBT account number
- Your PBT API key. If you do not have this already, you can contact PBT and ask to be integrated with Starshipit. Alternatively, reach out to Starshipit and we can help with this process
To learn more about configuring PBT in your Starshipit account and additional information check out our support article.
Tags are a new feature exclusive to UI 2.0. Label your orders in a way that makes it easier to identify and process your orders in a way that makes sense to you. Tags are a great way to further streamline your fulfillment process by easily communicating instructions to your fulfillment team.
- Adding and removing tags in bulk from the Order Grid
- Filtering based on tags
- Applying tags using rules
- Saving a list of commonly used tags
Additional features for Shopify users:
- Importing your order tags from Shopify
- Creating rules based on the order tags from Shopify
For information on how to set this up, see our guide here: Tags
We know the difficulty of dealing with orders being shipped to PO boxes. Only certain carriers will deliver to these addresses and making mistakes can result in delays and additional fees.
That's why we've created a brand new rule condition that will detect if the order is going to a PO Box so you can automate which carriers you would like to use in this case.
To use this rule condition:
- Go to Settings>Rules
- Add a new rule
- For the condition, select PO Box & Parcel Locker OrdersequalsTrueorFalse
- Select your desired action (i.e Set Courier and Product Code to Australia Post)
- Click Save
For more information on how to set this up and what we check for, please see our guide here.